Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Where was I?

As in, where was I when I left off? Well.... in a place of conflicting emotions, ecstatic about finally becoming and author and frustrated with the minutiae of working out the kinks and navigating the publicity end of things.


Where am I now?
 
Same place, but with a whole new attitude. In a word, I'm grateful.


Despite the trauma and technical difficulties, the book is launched, and a lifelong goal accomplished. That's no small feat! The next goal is getting it noticed. After all, pursuing one's dream - running the race - is what we've been given our whole lifetimes to do. So, it doesn't matter how long it takes, or how many twists in the road, only that we keep running.


So far, I've had sales and great reader response. As I research and develop my marketing plan, I'm learning complex new skills and information. Yesterday was my first promo outing, and I met some lovely people and garnered space on some store shelves. Today, I'm writing to you and delving into the world of electronic publishing --- who'da thunk!? It's amazing how much better it feels to embrace and engage life instead of whining about it....


I hope you'll run along with me.


If you haven't read Emrysia Awakening yet, do - please do! And if you have, please write a review on Amazon or Barnes & Noble.... or in the newspaper, on your blog - wherever! Word of mouth is still the best advertising, and your two minutes could reach around the world.


Thanks, and for a sample chapter to read or share with friends, just leave a comment below.











2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad I've found this blog site. And congratulations on your first book, out this year. You write in a genre I've only recently been introduced to -- a member of my writer's group writes too of these mysterious, far away places and people -- and I'm ready to take the dive. Yours will be my first.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Janet! I've always loved the genre, and though I want to write on various themes both fact and fiction, I'm glad my first book out was fantasy. BTW - look for your sample chapter to come via email!

      Delete